Data is having a moment in our society. Everywhere you look, data is transforming the way we think about everything. Whether it is the data-driven journalism pioneered by Nate Silver or analytics in sports; data is everywhere. Travel data is no exception. Travel managers today have access to more information than ever. However, with that data often includes a new set of problems. Three problems in particular we have heard over and over:
- No single source of truth. Data from booking tool, data from travel management company (TMC) – which is correct and which one should be used?
- The data is not presented in such a way that makes it easy to interpret. Travel data is like a bank statement – it has all my transactions, but it took Mint to categorize everything and make it easy to understand.
- No clear next steps or actions on how to apply that data to maximize the value to a travel program.
As we set out to evolve our reporting suite, we kept these pain points in mind. We believe the new Egencia® Travel Intelligence home page does all that, and more.
You can’t have a credible reporting solution without clean data. At Egencia, our travel agents and customers use the same tools and technology. This makes managing, analyzing and presenting data easier and more accurate. We know with 100% certainty what happened with every transaction.
Every. Single. Time.
There are zero conflicts between online booking tool (OBT), TMC, Prism, ARC, etc. Every transaction happens on our technology platform and we have complete visibility. As a travel manager, you only need to go to one place to be completely confident you are getting a full picture.
We also present the data in a way that makes it easy to find what’s relevant to you. The Egencia Travel Intelligence home page contains a number of key metrics that every travel manager needs.
Upon using it for the first time, one of our usability participants said “This looks just like the scorecards I used to spend hours putting together!”
We have leveraged our years of experience to deliver the data that a travel manager needs to ensure their program is on track, no matter how mature their program.
Finally, we wanted to go beyond a typical experience and make it easy for our customers to use our data. For every metric on the Egencia Travel Intelligence home page, there is a corresponding insight page that provides additional context, specific insights and clear actions for the travel manager to take.
Some of the information available includes:
- The maverick travelers who have often booked later than expected or booked offline
- Which trips have highly impacted your savings potential
- How much spend is going to your top hotel properties
Travel managers have enough to do. The Egencia Travel Intelligence home page gives them all the data they need, when they need it, where they need it.
Overwhelmed by data? Contact us and together we can get your travel program on track.