Informa PLC is an international exhibitions, events, intelligence, and publishing group based in the United Kingdom. Informa employs approximately 7,500 colleagues in more than 20 countries, many who regularly engage in work-related international business travel. Informa is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.
Having previously used 30 different travel management providers to identify where Informa travelers were in the event of an emergency, Informa were hopeful of partnering with a new supplier who could help them consolidate all international travel for the additional benefit of providing visibility of traveler whereabouts.
Other objectives for working with a supplier included to provide better visibility of spend through an efficient 24/7 accessible reporting platform, to ensure future booking processes became efficient whilst remaining in compliance with company policy, and to have access to a booking app for traveler bookings in remote locations.
Informa previously used 30 different travel management providers to deal with duty of care
Recent global terror attacks remind us that travel security risks still exist everywhere. This highlighted the importance of our duty of care obligations to Informa which now consist of the following:
- We provide traveler access to a 24/7 emergency support telephone number for all domestic and international travel. Informa travelers based in the US can also quickly receive help through our App’s callback option.
- We provide real-time travel intelligence and alert communications, and an interactive traveler tracking tool directly through Informa’s customized online booking suite.
- Informa’s travel manager has instant access to any one of our In-Progress reports which allows her to immediately identify:
• The employees scheduled for travel and when.
• Flights, travelers are scheduled to take.
• Hotels, travelers are scheduled to stay at.
• Cars, travelers have requested to rent and from where.
“It was around 10pm when the news broke about an attack at London Bridge, I was able to pull the details of all our travelers in the area from the platform and confirmed to our CEO that everyone was safe that same night. The Egencia system has a traveler tracking map showing where everyone is scheduled to be travelling to, which makes it really easy to identify the employees we need to contact in the event of an emergency”
Other key figures: