The stories from this year’s Corporate Travel Award winners truly exemplify the value of Travel Managers and their ability to plug into the changing needs of their business. Like you, our winners have helped their companies navigate a variety of changes.
They managed travel through acquisitions and growth, lead their companies from an unmanaged to managed travel program, rolled out a new travel program globally, won executive support, and leveraged social media to capture the ear of today’s travelers. Their stories remind us that even though change can be hard and even a bit messy, it is the bridge to something better.
Here’s a sneak peek at four of the six winner’s stories and best practices:
Concur Administrator, EDF Renewable Energy
- Category: Biggest business impact with his program
- Story: Arnoldo was able to lead his company from an unmanaged to managed travel program environment and now has 90% online adoption and 85% traveler compliance.
- Advice: Shift the conversation from cost-savings to visibility
Assistant Vice President, Macerich Corporate
- Category: C-level whisperer
- Story:Carol was able to secure executive support for her program by identifying ways to increase savings and still focus on the traveler experience.
- Advice: Tie your suggested program changes into current travel trends
Program Manager – Travel and Operations, Zillow Group
- Category: Category: Biggest career growth with his travel program
- Story: Kalviny led the implementation of Egencia in 2014 as just a part of his finance role. Since then Zillow has undergone explosive growth and he was able to prove his value as a Travel Management Professional and is now the dedicated Program Manager for Travel and Operations.
- Advice: Traveling is just part of your job and shouldn’t get in the way of doing your job
Strategic Sourcing Analyst, Kronos
- Category: Innovative ways to increase traveler compliance
- Story: Many of the road warriors at Kronos work remotely and Kayla came up with creative ways leveraging social media to engage with them and increase program compliance.
- Advice: Develop a plan to reach your travelers that ties into your corporate culture
Watch the webinar recording to get more tips you can apply to your travel program in the coming year.