Author: Daniel Finkel, Director, Strategy & Business Development, Egencia
I love to travel. I travel a lot, both for pleasure and for work. There is something about hearing a new accent, tasting a new dish and seeing a new corner of the globe that sparks this innate wanderlust that reminds me that we live in a truly beautiful and magnificent world. As a new dad, I cannot wait to show this world to my son and watch him discover what warm sand on a deserted beach feels like, or to take in the smells of a spice shop in the Far East.
Let’s face it though, out of the 200,000 miles that I have flown this year, only a handful of those miles were strictly for personal travel. The majority were flying from office to office, conference room to conference room and sometimes even just airport to airport. Leaving your family and friends for just one trip per year can be difficult. Being a road warrior is really rough.
There are many tools available to me to help with the logistical aspects of business travel – getting from point A to B as quickly as possible, managing disruptions or a change of plans and submitting an expense report upon my return. However, I am seldom met with an opportunity to receive a product or service that addresses the more personal aspects of my journey. One that makes the in-between moments of my business travel experience better, more enjoyable and more efficient whilst appealing to my company’s desire to curb costs and increase compliance.
That is why we created Egencia® Advantage.
Egencia® Advantage goes beyond flight, hotel or ground transportation needs and matches business travellers and their employers to innovative travel companies and solutions that cater to those in-between moments. For example, imagine your travellers or yourself in the following scenarios:
- Being able to pre-reserve your airport parking space, whiz through a specially dedicated airport security queue directly to a luxurious lounge with a complimentary meal and high-speed Wi-Fi to finish those last few emails.
- Automatically receiving compensation for substantially delayed flights.
- Automatically receiving refunds for all VAT charges expensed on your trip.
- Having immediate access to world-class medical support wherever you are on the globe and not worrying about the cost of any needed treatment.
Our goal with Egencia® Advantage is to make this possible for all travellers who use Egencia, with proven cost savings passed onto their employers. These products and services give travellers better experiences, ways to save time and occasionally put money back in their pockets. They do all of this while providing value to their employers and encouraging compliance for their travel programmes.
Egencia® Advantage will launch with a handful of products, and we’re actively seeking out relationships with the world’s leading travel and technology companies so that we can continually improve people’s travel experience and optimise cost and efficiency for both employee and employer.
At launch, Egencia Advantage includes:
- LoungeBuddy: Global aggregator of airport lounge information for business travellers. When travellers are delayed at the airport or have a long layover, booking into one of the hundreds of lounges available worldwide gives them some quiet and comfort to get some work done while waiting, or the ability to grab a bite to eat, rest and recharge.
- Visa Services: Through a global network of partners including CIBT visas, Egencia now offers unrivalled travel visa processing services, which include visa application, renewal or replacement needs around the world.
- AirHelp: The world’s number-one air passenger rights company helps business travellers apply for compensation from the airlines following a flight disruption. AirHelp supports passengers who experience a delayed or cancelled flight, or a missed connection within the EU, leaving the EU or arriving in the EU with a European airline. The service makes the claiming process as easy and seamless as possible for Egencia travellers.
- Traveller Risk Management: Egencia connects travellers with recommended providers for their specific duty-of-care needs.
I will always love to travel, but with Egencia Advantage, my business travel has just got a whole lot better.
For more information on Egencia® Advantage, please read our press release or contact us directly at EgenciaAdvantage@Egencia.com.