If a flight is canceled, the airline may issue to the traveler a credit for the initial price of the flight (minus any penalties) instead of a refund. You can view your airline credits from the right sidebar on your homepage and in your profile, within the payment type section.
Airline credits can be used before the expiry date to book a new flight on the same airline for the same traveler.
Here's how to redeem your airline credits:
- Search for your flights as usual. You’ll see ‘Airline credit may apply’ next to the flight details if credits can be used.
- You can tick the ‘Airline credit’ box on the left side of your search results if you want to narrow your results further to credit eligible flights.
- Remember, you can only put credits toward a new flight on the same airline for the same traveler. You cannot use credits across multiple airlines, for multi-destination flights, or to book for more than one traveler at a time.
- After choosing your flight, you will be prompted to select the airline credit you want to use for the booking. You will also have the option to continue without using a credit.
- If you choose to use an airline credit, the value of the credit will be automatically deducted from your new flight price at checkout.
- If your new flight costs more than your original flight, you will need to pay the difference.
- That’s it! As soon as your booking is completed, you will receive a confirmation email with all your trip details.
There are some airfare classes or rules that prevent an airline credit from being redeemed online. You will be prompted to contact a travel consultant if your credit is not eligible to redeem online.
Was this helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!