Despite the global pandemic controlling business travel headlines for the past twelve months, there are quite a few other topics top of mind for travel managers today in North America.
Egencia® has taken a dive into the other important topics that are weighing on the minds of travel managers, and we’ve taken a look at what’s creating a buzz in the industry and within the Egencia travel manager Connect Community.
Here are the three topics in the North America that are impacting business travel and beyond the pandemic.
- Points and Perks: Just by partnering with Egencia, you’re saving time and money but did you know, there are even more rewards you can receive? Start earning points and perks today with our Business Rewards Program supported directly by our partners. The majority of the enrollment options are free and some great travel credits are waiting to be collected. So, take advantage of the perks that come with your bookings.
- Going Green: We often hear requests from travel managers for ideas to help support sustainability efforts within corporate travel. Below are some simple ways you can achieve some quick sustainability wins:
- Shifting Air to Rail (for domestic routes, by analyzing top domestic routes per country e.g. Newcastle › Edinburgh or London > Edinburgh),
- Share-shifting to sustainable suppliers (e.g. Egencia can tag specific hotels as sustainable/preferred or specific airlines (like AirFrance KLM who is leading a project with SAF), or the use of hybrid/electric vehicles
- Identifying routes where only direct flights are allowed vs stopovers by using analyzed data
- Cabin class shifts: Why not try flying economy only instead of business?
For more tips and to find out how Egencia has built sustainability measures right inside our booking tool explore our sustainability page.
- How to rebound in the new normal: Flexibility and safety continue to be the keys to success as we navigate the new world of business travel. As more travel managers get their programs back online, many are picking up on the ‘Egencia of tomorrow’ enhancements launched in the last twelve months. Check out this video and find out what’s new from Savings finder for hotel on GDS rates, and Analytics studio reporting (including CO2 data), to Egencia chat tool, and Egencia Travel Advisor tool.
For more beyond this snapshot of topics making their reprise with travel managers in North America, you can search through the latest news topics in the Egencia Connect Community. The Community is your trusted source for peer discussion, product updates, and more!
The information provided is for general guidance and may be updated from time to time in light of official travel guidelines.
Please note that the information provided is not a substitute for and does not constitute legal advice.