This Privacy Statement sets out our information privacy practices as follows:
We understand that booking travel online involves significant trust on your part. We take this trust very seriously, and make it our highest priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us. (Personal information includes information that can be linked to a specific individual, such as name, address, phone number, email address, or payment details.)
This document sets out Egencia’s policies concerning the management of personal information and describes the types of personal information Egencia holds, the purposes for which it holds that personal information, and the ways in which Egencia collects, holds, uses and discloses that information. By visiting this website, you agree to accept the practices described herein.
Corporate Travel Program
To manage its business travel needs, your organization has enrolled in the Egencia Corporate Travel Program. Under this Program, your organization may designate a travel manager ("Travel Manager") to manage and administer the travel needs of your organization and may appoint one or more travel arrangers ("Arranger" or "Global Arranger") to book and manage the travel of individual employees ("Travelers"), as well as non-employees as deemed appropriate by the company (“Guests”).
Rules Relating to Bookings by Travelers
To book and manage their own travel, Travelers must register to become a member of Egencia or have profile data loaded into our system by the Egencia implementation team. Travelers who do not register to become members of Egencia must rely on their Travel Manager, Arranger or Global Arranger to arrange their travel. If you are a Traveler, this Privacy Statement applies to you regardless of whether you are booking and managing travel yourself or through your Travel Manager, Arranger or Global Arranger. This Privacy Statement also applies regardless of whether the travel you book is business or personal. Accordingly, unless we expressly provide otherwise, when we refer to "you" in this Privacy Statement, we are referring to you as the Traveler, whether you are acting on behalf of yourself or through a Travel Manager, Arranger or Global Arranger.
Travel Managers, Arrangers and Global Arrangers
While this Privacy Statement is primarily directed at Travelers and Guests, it also applies to Travel Managers, Arrangers and Global Arrangers.
Any personal information that a Travel Manager, Arranger or Global Arranger provides to us in connection with our Corporate Travel Program is managed as set out in this Privacy Statement. Egencia, however, reserves the right to contact Travel Managers, Arrangers and Global Arrangers as contemplated by their organization’s Corporate Travel Agreement with us (e.g., for feedback on the Program, to discuss the business relationship, or discuss new promotions). This contact may occur via phone, email or postal mail.
When booking and managing travel on behalf of any Traveler or Guest, Travel Managers, Arrangers and Global Arrangers must obtain the relevant Traveler's or Guest’s consent. Travel Managers, Arrangers and Global Arrangers must also ensure that the relevant Traveler or Guest receives and agrees to the terms of this Privacy Statement. Each Travel Manager, Arranger and Global Arranger also agrees to comply with the terms of this Privacy Statement when providing or handling any personal information of any Traveler or Guest.
Whether you book travel directly with us or allow your Travel Manager, Arranger or Global Arranger to do so on your behalf, your Travel Manager, Arranger or Global Arranger may have access to your member ID, password, name of your member account, travel itineraries, and all other information in your account, and may share this information with others within your organization. Your Travel Manager, Arranger or Global Arranger will also be able to update your profile settings (excluding your Member ID and password) and travel preferences. Your Travel Manager, Arranger or Global Arranger will also be able to view, change, or cancel any of your trip itineraries.
Scope of Statement
This Privacy Statement sets out the information collection and use practices of Egencia. The policies or practices of your organization may differ, and we are not responsible for any use or disclosure of your personal information by anyone at your organization or any acts or omissions of your organization, Travel Manager, Arranger or Global Arranger. If you have any questions about the manner in which your organization, Travel Manager, Arranger or Global Arranger handles your personal information or books or manages travel on your behalf, please contact the appropriate representative of your organization.
What Information We Collect From You
Before you access the Egencia website, we require you to sign in as a member, using your Member ID and password. Generally, Egencia collects and stores all information you provide to Egencia including, without limitation, all personal information about you that you specifically and voluntarily provide or give us in any other way. We also may request information about your travel preferences, including meal requests, seat selection, frequent flyer/hotel/car rental program information, and ticketing options. Your Travel Manager, Arranger or Global Arranger may provide us additional personal information about you such as your employer ID number. Circumstances where Egencia collects personal information include, without limitation, when you: complete the Egencia Program Application, become an Egencia member, complete a Traveler profile, book travel, use the Travel Arranger service, participate in a survey, or contact us.
Egencia collects the full name, contact number and other personal information of a Traveler when a travel reservation is made through Egencia. We may also collect information about each Traveler's preferences, including meal requests, seat selection, frequent flyer/hotel/car hire programs and membership numbers, and ticketing options.
When someone other than yourself is accompanying you on travel booked through Egencia, we may collect personal information and travel preferences about that individual. You should obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing Egencia with their personal information and travel preferences, as they will be unable to directly access our systems to view or change any information you provide on their behalf.
Cookies and Other Web Technologies
While this cookie does not contain any personal information, it may be associated with your personal information in order to provide you with targeted email notifications.
Egencia automatically collects certain information about your computer when you visit Egencia.com. For example, we collect information about your IP address, operating system, web browser software (e.g., Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer), and referrer website. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as trips viewed and travel booked. One of our goals in collecting this automatic information is to help customize your user experience.
Information Collected by Third Parties
Failure to Provide Information
In order to access the Egencia website, you must sign in as a member, using your Member ID and password. When making travel plans or a booking using this website, you must provide the requested contact information and financial information. We will use your contact information to reserve the required services, to send you details of the confirmation, for billing purposes and to inform you of any updates or changes to your travel plans.
If you do not provide the requested information, you will not be able to access the Egencia website, and we may not be able to complete your requests or orders.
Use of Your Information
Please review "Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information" below.
Disclosure of Your Information
Egencia may share your personal information with the following entities:
- Suppliers, such as hotel, airline, cruise, car rental companies, or activity providers, who fulfill your travel reservations. Throughout Egencia, all services provided by a third-party supplier are described as such. We do not place limitations on our suppliers' use or disclosure of your personal information. Therefore, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any travel supplier whose products you book through Egencia. Please note that these suppliers also may contact you as necessary to obtain additional information about you or to facilitate your travel reservation.
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. These companies have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- Business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear with ours. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners and recommend you evaluate their practices before deciding to provide your personal information.
- Others within your organization, such as your Travel Manager, Arranger or Global Arranger, as described above under “Travel Administration.”
- Companies within our corporate family. Sharing this information with our corporate affiliates, including Expedia.com, Expedia.co.uk, Hotels.com, TripAdvisor, Hotwire, and Classic Vacations, enables us to provide you with information about products and services, both travel-related and other, which might interest you. To the extent that our corporate affiliates have access to your information, they will follow practices that are at least as restrictive as the practices described in this Privacy Statement. They will also comply with applicable laws governing the transmission of promotional communications and, at a minimum, give you an opportunity in any commercial email they send to choose not to receive such email messages in the future.
We also may share your information:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of Egencia, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
- With various other law enforcement agencies and governments around the world for security, customs, and immigration purposes.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you may be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
Your Choices With Respect to Collection and Use of Your Information
- You can add or update information on the My Profile and My Trips pages and close your account as described below.
- As a participant in the Egencia Program, you may receive communications from us notifying you of special promotions or other travel news. You can discontinue your subscription to Egencia’s promotional email services at any time on the My Profile page under the heading “email settings,” or by telling your Travel Manager, Arranger or Global Arranger that you no longer wish to receive such communications from Egencia. (Egencia cannot be responsible for any failure by them to communicate your preferences to us.) You will also be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from commercial messages in any such email we send. Please note that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements, administrative messages, and surveys relating either to your Egencia account or to your transactions on Egencia, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies from Egencia.com, you will not be able to access portions of our site.
How We Protect Your Information
We want you to feel confident about using this website to plan and book your travel, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
How You Can Access Your Information
You have access to your information in the following areas of Egencia.com:
The My Profile pages on this website allow members to view and change their account settings. The email settings option lets you change your email address and subscribe or unsubscribe to the special promotional notification services. You can also change your password and elect to have an automatic password sign-in when logging on to this website. You can add new travelers and delete existing travelers from your member profile; update or correct names, phone numbers, passport information, and emergency contacts for travelers associated with your profile; and update your travel preferences.
Request to Close an Account
You can close your Egencia account by contacting us as described below. Once you close an account, you will not be able to sign in or access any information associated with the account, but you can open a new account at any time. We will send you an email confirming your account closure to the email address contained in your member profile.
The My Trips page on this website allows members to view, update, or delete their saved itineraries.
In the event that you notify Egencia that certain personal information about you is not accurate, complete and up to date, Egencia will take reasonable steps to correct the personal information so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If any part of this website links you to other websites, those websites do not operate under this Privacy Statement. We recommend you examine the privacy statements posted on those other websites to understand their procedures for collecting, using, and disclosing personal information.
Visiting Our Websites From Outside the United States
Changes to This Privacy Statement
Egencia may update this Privacy Statement in the future. We will notify you about material changes to this Privacy Statement by sending a notice to the email address you provided to us or by placing a notice on our website.
How to Contact Us
We want to make sure you have control over your online travel experience as an Egencia customer, from planning and booking your travel to protecting your personal information.
Egencia customer service travel agents are ready to help with your Egencia travel concerns 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Please email us your questions and comments using our feedback form and you will receive a response within 4 hours. If you need more immediate assistance, you may call an agent at 866-397-2677 or 702-939-2532. You may also call at any time the customer service number given to you upon company sign-up.
In addition, you may directly contact the travel supplier at the phone number or address provided on your travel itinerary.
This Privacy Statement is effective as of July 18, 2008.