A Message from Rob Greyber, President of Egencia
November 2012 represents a significant milestone at Egencia as we mark our ten-year anniversary, our first decade as a company. It was 10 years ago that Expedia, our parent company, began its journey into corporate travel. What started as a new business unit of Expedia rapidly blossomed into Egencia, now one of the Top 5 TMCs in the world, based on a legacy of industry-leading technology, products, and business travel solutions and service.
Over the past 10 years, we’ve helped millions of business travelers. We've served thousands of companies, helping them grow their business. We've partnered with everyone from global airlines, to local hotels, to car companies and technology leaders. And along the way, we've built a dynamic company with over 2,200 employees around the world – and growing.
In the process, we’ve changed the way that corporate travel is viewed and managed in every conceivable way. Our vision, our strategy, and our values as a team have truly made a difference in travel.
A decade ago, we asked a simple question – what if? What if business travel had the same, easy intuitive experience as leisure? What if companies could provide enterprise versions of their experience in booking leisure travel? For the past 10 years, Egencia has been answering these questions by investing in technology and in people, in local presence and in global scale.
The result? Today, we serve over 10,000 clients in 55 countries across 6 continents. Our customers have flown over 30 billion miles using nearly 14 million airline tickets, and slept in over 70 million hotel rooms. We’ve answered 13 million phone calls from customers, serving them whenever and wherever they needed us.
We’ve accomplished a lot in 10 years but we’re not nearly done – I cannot wait for what the next 10 years will bring where I see Egencia leading the charge in three key areas: consumerization, global integration and supply inventory. More on that to come.
I’m honored to be part of Egencia -- our past 10 years as a team, and to the next decade (and beyond) of business travel leadership. A special thanks to our partners, our sponsors, our customers, and especially our employees worldwide. We couldn’t have reached this milestone without you.
A Brief History of Egencia
- 2002 – Expedia acquires Metropolitan Travel (Seattle WA)
- November 2002 – Expedia Corporate Travel is formed
- March 2004 – Acquires Egencia (France)
- 2004 – Acquires World Travel Management Ltd (UK) and Experience Travel (Belgium)
- 2006 – Acquires MTM Reisen (Germany)
- 2008 – Acquires Synergi (Canada) and Expedia Corporate Travel is renamed Egencia
- April 2011 – Acquires Travelforce (Australia)
- December 2011 – Acquires Traveldoo (France)
- April 2012 – Acquires VIA Travel (Nordics), nearly doubling the number of employees worldwide
Key Product/Service Innovations
- "All-online platform"
- Outlook Integration
- Egencia Mobile
- Air Fare Benchmarking
- Air Flexible Dates (as found on leisure booking websites)
- Integrated Traveler Tracking
In 10 Years:
- Egencia customers have flown over 30 billion miles using nearly 14 million airline tickets
- Egencia customers have slept in over 70 million hotel rooms
- Egencia has answered and serviced 13 million phone calls from customers since 2002
- Over 2200 employees worldwide
- Presence in more than 55 countries on 6 continents, in 10,000 client companies worldwide
- 2011 represented the first year that our global customer service agents answered over 2 million calls in a single year
- Headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, near Seattle and other big wigs including Amazon, Microsoft, Boeing, and Starbucks.
We thank our valued sponsors and partners:
Congratulations on a remarkable 10 years, Egencia! You’ve barely started and are already an extraordinary leader in corporate travel management. Your technology-driven approach and excellence in full customer service have resulted in exceptional growth. We salute your accomplishments and are very excited to continue to grow with you!
"Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower."
Co-founder, Chairman, and CEO
With a unified voice, Sabre’s 10,000+ employees across the globe would like to congratulate the Egencia team for an outstanding 10 years in the industry. As your partner, Sabre understands the complexity of travel and the degree of dedication and passion required to succeed. Over the last 10 years, the Egencia team has personified these attributes and more. Your commitment to innovation has made you the industry force you are today. Congratulations on your history of success and your future for distinction.
Congratulations to Egencia on a highly successful 10 years! United was one of the first airlines to partner with Egencia upon your inception, and has been a preferred airline partner since you began operating 10 years ago. We are very proud of our great relationship!
Just as United is one of the world’s leading airlines, Egencia is a leader in global corporate travel. We continue to strengthen our relationship by finding creative ways to bring value to our joint customers. We look forward to continuing to partner with you for many years to come!